db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject Question on Derby Style Table Functions
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:48:34 GMT
I am implementing a poor man's data partitioning with data being inserted into different tables
depending on the week of the year.  I want to bring these tables back together as single virtual
unified table that can be queried up only, no inserts or updates required.

I am looking at maybe using a Restricted Derby Style Table Function to do so because I have
some optimization mechanisms that I would like to employ in the implementation.   Can a Derby
Style Table uses the nested connection?

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:default:connection");