db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Topic at Derby IRC channel
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:42:19 GMT
On 7/25/11 9:16 AM, Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> Kathey Marsden<kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>  writes:
>>> Wouldn't it be a good idea, to include URLs to derby user mailing
>>> list and developer mailing lists in the topic of Derby IRC channel,
>>> so that those users/developers who migrate from projects frequently
>>> using IRC can easily know the best resource to put there questions.
>> That sounds like a good idea. Please go ahead and change the topic.
> +1. Who is the operator, though?
>
> Dag
Ken Coar (RoUS) as the channel creator.  He actually gave me channel op
access long ago, but it has it expired -- at least I tried to get in
yesterday and set the message and I'm not authorized and a quick read of
the freenode FAQs says that channel op access expires if not used.

I suggest trying to contact him to give one person on the PMC channel
op, then that person can manage it further.

  -jean