db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Is this ok?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:11:57 GMT
Dave Brosius <dbrosius@apache.org> writes:

> Perhaps this ok, but seems odd to me, just double checking...
>
> ScrollInsensitiveResultSet around line 321
>
> If the row hasn't been seen yet, if scans rows till it finds the row
> which is fine,
> then once found, if the result is found, it looks it up again in the
> hashtable which seems odd

It looks like getRowFromHashTable() doesn't just fetch the row from the
hashtable. It also has some side-effects (setting various fields in the
result set) that getNextRowFromSource() doesn't have. So I guess the
method is called primarily for the side-effects and not for retrieving
the row in this case. But it does look a little puzzling without a
comment.

--
Knut Anders