db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: testRAFWriteInterrupted look familiar?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 18:12:20 GMT

> On 6/17/2011 9:05 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> Kathey Marsden<kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>  writes:
>>
>>> A user  running the Derby tests with  10.8.1.4 - (1134171) reported this failure
to me.
>>> on linux 64 bit.  I don't have a lot of details yet, but wanted to know if anyone
has seen this before. It looked oddly familiar but I didn't see it in Jira.
>> The stack trace looks similar to DERBY-5081, which turned out to be
>> caused by a JVM bug. Which JVM is this?
>>
> Thank you Knut. This looks very similar. As I understand it, the user
> is testing  with  a non-public 1.7 jvm. I think it is reasonable to
> think it might be affected by this or a similar JVM bug.
>
> If I read the issue notes properly, the bug in question is;
>  http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6979009
>
> It looks like there is a fix in OpenJDK 1.7  but also affects JDK 1.6
> and 1.5  and there is not a fix yet in the Oracle 1.6 JDK or 1.5 JDK.
> Is that correct?

No, it's this bug: http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=7043425
I've added a comment with a pointer to the bug in JIRA.

The other bug mentioned (6979009) is already compensated for in the
code, so that shouldn't be causing any problems for us, even on JVMs
where the bug hasn't been fixed.

--
Knut Anders