db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: are 10.8 nightly tests being run on the dbtg.foundry.sun.com site?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 23:11:41 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen
> <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> wrote:
>> dag.wanvik@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik) writes:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Is see the tinderbox tests seem to be OK for trunk and the 10.7 branch:
>>>
>>> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk16/jvm1.6/testing/Limited/index.html
>>> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/tinderbox_10.7_16/jvm1.6/testing/Limited/index.html
>>>
>>> Maybe it's not set up yet for 10.8.. Knut will know.
>>
>> That's right, the nightly tests and the tinderbox haven't been set up to
>> run on the 10.8 branch yet.
>>
>> --
>> Knut Anders
>>

> Not to put any pressure on - are there plans to do so?

I tried to get the 10.8 tinderbox running a while ago, but got lost in a
forest of scripts and cronjobs, and eventually gave up. I gave it
another try now, and I seem to have been more successful this time:
http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/tinderbox_10.8_16/jvm1.6/testing/Limited/

> In the same line, I noticed that the 1.7 test results for trunk have
> stopped running, last good run was 5/23:
> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.7/testing/Limited/index_all.html
> Any ideas why?

The JDK 7 installation in the test lab was upgraded and a regression in
java.sql.BatchUpdateException killed most of the tests
(http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7049107). The
machines were upgraded to JDK 7 b145 earlier today, and that's supposed
to fix it.

> By the way, the IBM regression tests for 10.8 once again are suffering
> from strange issues with the reports, e.g.:
> http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/v10_8/windows/testSummary-1133230.html.
> I'll be looking into it. Something similar happened a while ago, I
> don't know why.

Looks like the suites.All output for the Windows test is truncated,
which is probably what confuses the reporting scripts:
http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/v10_8/windows/testlog/ibm16/1133230-suites.All_diff.txt

Maybe one of the tests got stuck?

--
Knut Anders