db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Git mirror for Derby
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:10:52 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> The infrastructure team has set up a read-only Git mirror of the Derby
> code repository at http://git.apache.org. The Git repository will be
> useful when doing code archaeology, since you'll have the entire history
> stored locally so log, blame/annotate, diffing old revisions and binary
> search should be a lot faster than doing the same operations against the
> Subversion repository. It may also be a useful tool for managing patches
> when working on multiple issues.
>
> Some links to get started:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache

A quick update: I cloned the Git mirror and followed the instructions in
the above links on how to commit changes from Git to the Subversion
repository. I tested it out with the patch for DERBY-5217, and the
changes appear to have been successfully propagated to the Subversion
repository after running "git svn dcommit":

Knut Anders