db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: backports for 10.8.2...
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:09:20 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I (wearing the release manager hat) have tentatively scheduled a bug
> fix release off the 10.8 branch for mid-September.
>
> I've been looking a little at the commits, and it seems to me that a
> fair number of bug fixes have gone in to trunk already that haven't
> been backported to 10.8.
>
> Here's a list of revisions (with bug numbers) that I think haven't
> been backported, and the committer.
>
> Please look over this list, and if you can, backport any issues that
> are not new features and would cause no incompatibility from trunk to
> 10.8.
>
> If you think the revisions are ok to be backported, but you have no
> time to do the backport yourself, please let me know, and I'll work on
> it in the next couple of weeks.
> If I listed revisions that are ok to be backported, but they aren't,
> or I've listed them as not to be backported, but they are, also let me
> know.
> I would especially like input on those with ? (question marks).
>
> I'll send out another email in August, and discuss items committed during July.
>
> Myrna
>
> revision      bug#     backport ok     committer

I'll backport the fixes for these issues:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5222 yes kahatlen
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5239 yes? kahatlen
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5274 yes kahatlen
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5278 yes kahatlen

These ones would be best not to backport (marked with
derby_backport_reject_10_8):

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5210 no  kahatlen
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5068 yes kahatlen

These are just minor improvements that should be harmless to backport,
but I don't see that backporting them is worth the effort, so I won't do
it myself:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5200 yes kahatlen
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5246 yes? kahatlen
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4670 yes kahatlen
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5145 yes kahatlen
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5267 yes kahatlen
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5275 yes kahatlen
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5217 yes kahatlen

The commit below just adds a disabled test case to show the bug (the bug
is not fixed, and the issue is still open). Not worthwhile backporting.
If the issue is fixed, we can backport all commits then.

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1104365
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5236 yes kahatlen

The next two commits are followups to issues others have been working
on. If the main patches for the issues are backported, these should be
backported too. But the changes in these issues are so small that I
wouldn't bother backporting them (DERBY-5260 just removes an unused
parameter, and the net effect of the patches for DERBY-3913 is a slight
reordering of the words in a message).

--
Knut Anders