db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: are 10.8 nightly tests being run on the dbtg.foundry.sun.com site?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 19:06:16 GMT
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Knut Anders Hatlen
<knut.hatlen@oracle.com> wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen
>> <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> wrote:

>>> That's right, the nightly tests and the tinderbox haven't been set up to
>>> run on the 10.8 branch yet.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Knut Anders
>>>

>> Not to put any pressure on - are there plans to do so?
>
> I tried to get the 10.8 tinderbox running a while ago, but got lost in a
> forest of scripts and cronjobs, and eventually gave up. I gave it
> another try now, and I seem to have been more successful this time:
> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/tinderbox_10.8_16/jvm1.6/testing/Limited/
>
>> In the same line, I noticed that the 1.7 test results for trunk have
>> stopped running, last good run was 5/23:
>> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.7/testing/Limited/index_all.html
>> Any ideas why?
>
> The JDK 7 installation in the test lab was upgraded and a regression in
> java.sql.BatchUpdateException killed most of the tests
> (http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7049107). The
> machines were upgraded to JDK 7 b145 earlier today, and that's supposed
> to fix it.
>
>> By the way, the IBM regression tests for 10.8 once again are suffering
>> from strange issues with the reports, e.g.:
>> http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/v10_8/windows/testSummary-1133230.html.
>> I'll be looking into it. Something similar happened a while ago, I
>> don't know why.
>
> Looks like the suites.All output for the Windows test is truncated,
> which is probably what confuses the reporting scripts:
> http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/v10_8/windows/testlog/ibm16/1133230-suites.All_diff.txt
>
> Maybe one of the tests got stuck?
>
> --
> Knut Anders

Thanks for looking into those Knut!

I see the 1.7/trunk results are happening again, and also the 10.8
tinderbox/1.6 appears to be running. I didn't see any html pages for
10.8 daily runs...

The IBM result of the link I mentioned before seems to have sorted
itself out, now the run for last night's run shows this same red box
with no info:
http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/v10_8/windows/testSummary-1133625.html.

I think the result is simply incomplete because the testing isn't
finished yet, and I need to do further digging into the scripts to
figure out why it's painting the box red rather than white when
there's no results yet. Likely I've missed resetting some status
variable. However, it seems of low priority, so no one should hold
their breath waiting for me to fix it.

Myrna