db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Piumi Nanayakkara <piumi.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modifying "sql join" optimization algorithm in Derby
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 17:17:37 GMT
Hi,

Thank you very much for your responses.

Our tentative plan is to change currently available optimization techniques
in relation to seek time/rotational latency which comes with the normal
magnetic disk,but can be avoided in solid state memory device. Initially we
are focusing on the optimization of Join operation in Apache Derby. We
thought of first comparing the performance in two modes of devices with
existing algorithms ( i.e. Nested Loop Join and Hash Join) & existing join
order and then to modify them to utilize the benefits of solid state
devices.

we highly appreciate any feedback on this or any suggestions of an
alternative approach that can be taken.

Best Regards,
Piumi Nanayakkara