db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>
Subject Spawning a separate JVM inside a JUnit test
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 08:57:52 GMT
Hi all,

I'm currently converting tests/derbynet/DerbyNetAutoStart.java to a JUnit
test and this test does something peculiar. The first time around, it runs
as part of the harness and that's fine. However, after that run is done, it
spawns another JVM (check testExtantNetServer() ) and forces the test to be
ran again as part of the new JVM.

My question is: should we maintain this behavior in JUnit? And are there any
decorators that I don't know about to make a test run in a separate JVM?

I didn't want to have all that ugly code in a JUnit test where things are
more orderly and controlled, but is there really an alternative that I'm
missing?

Thanks,
Tiago