db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: can someone add 10.8.2.0
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:19:38 GMT
On 21.06.11 14:44, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> On 6/20/11 1:04 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Rick Hillegas
>> <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:

>>> Hi Myrna,
>>>
>>> What would the new release number be used for? Is there any difference
>>> between 10.8.2.0 and the current head-of-branch marker (10.8.1.4)?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Rick
>>>
>> This would be for the bug fix release planned for September. We
>> typically increase the 3rd digit for those, I thought.
>> Right now, I only wanted to assign placeholder task for it...there's
>> no difference yet between top of the 10.8 branch.
>>
>> D'you think we should hold off creating this version # because it
>> might be confusing?
> People may be a little puzzled about when to use 10.8.1.4 vs. when to
> use 10.8.2.0, particularly for the "fixed in" field. My inclination
> would be to not create a 10.8.2.0 release id at this time. Instead, you
> can rename 10.8.1.4 to be 10.8.2.0 just before you create the first RC.

+1 from a bug reporting perspective, especially since JIRA provides a
way to easily handle this (rename/merge).
The downside may be that it is harder to mark something as "due" for the
future maintenance release, but I don't think we have been doing that a
lot (?).

Although not a big deal, maybe filters are affected too?
(i.e. the RM must currently use version 10.8.1.4, but when 10.8.2.0 is
created the filters must be updated?)

--
Kristian