db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: backports for 10.8.2...
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:19:56 GMT
On 6/20/11 11:48 AM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I (wearing the release manager hat) have tentatively scheduled a bug
> fix release off the 10.8 branch for mid-September.
>
> I've been looking a little at the commits, and it seems to me that a
> fair number of bug fixes have gone in to trunk already that haven't
> been backported to 10.8.
>
> Here's a list of revisions (with bug numbers) that I think haven't
> been backported, and the committer.
> Please look over this list, and if you can, backport any issues that
> are not new features and would cause no incompatibility from trunk to
> 10.8.
>
> If you think the revisions are ok to be backported, but you have no
> time to do the backport yourself, please let me know, and I'll work on
> it in the next couple of weeks.
> If I listed revisions that are ok to be backported, but they aren't,
> or I've listed them as not to be backported, but they are, also let me
> know.
> I would especially like input on those with ? (question marks).
>
> I'll send out another email in August, and discuss items committed during July.
>
> Myrna
>
> revision      bug#     backport ok     committer
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1131030
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5097 yes rhillegas
I think that Kristian did the work on this issue so he's the expert.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4437 no? rhillegas
There are a number of commits on this issue already and I expect there
will be more. So far I have avoided backporting any of this work to the
10.8 branch because one person felt that the behavior change was bigger
than we commonly tolerate in a maintenance release. The latest patch on
that issue may address those concerns. Once I commit that work, I will
ask again whether there are any objections to porting this work to 10.8.2.

Thanks,
-Rick