db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: testRAFWriteInterrupted look familiar?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:13:09 GMT
On 6/17/2011 9:05 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Kathey Marsden<kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>  writes:
>
>> A user  running the Derby tests with  10.8.1.4 - (1134171) reported this failure
to me.
>> on linux 64 bit.  I don't have a lot of details yet, but wanted to know if anyone
has seen this before. It looked oddly familiar but I didn't see it in Jira.
> The stack trace looks similar to DERBY-5081, which turned out to be
> caused by a JVM bug. Which JVM is this?

Thank you Knut. This looks very similar. As I understand it, the user is
testing  with  a non-public 1.7 jvm. I think it is reasonable to think
it might be affected by this or a similar JVM bug.

If I read the issue notes properly, the bug in question is;
  http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6979009

It looks like there is a fix in OpenJDK 1.7  but also affects JDK 1.6
and 1.5  and there is not a fix yet in the Oracle 1.6 JDK or 1.5 JDK.
Is that correct?

Thanks

Kathey