db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: draft of message to derby-user concerning the future of the Eclipse plugins
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:24:07 GMT
On 6/10/2011 9:06 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I have already sent a message to the user list with that information
> but under the less eye-catching subject line "future of the Eclipse
> plugins". Do you think that I should re-send the message with your
> revised subject line?
I think so and just reiterate that noone has volunteered so far, so we
don't anticipate them being available anywhere unless someone does.

>> Then when people claim surprise when 10.9 comes out, we will  least
>> have that announcement to point to.
>> A blurb on the website might be good too.
> Where do you think that blurb should go. On the top level download page?

I think that would be good.

Thanks for coordinating this.  I am not sure how many people pick up on
such warnings, but I do know from past experience that the surprised and
angry ones that don't until it slaps them in the face,  are more
understanding after they see the efforts that were made to warn them.

We should also include the information  in the 10.8.2 release
announcement which will extend beyond the Derby community.

Kathey