db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: draft of message to derby-user concerning the future of the Eclipse plugins
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:06:28 GMT
Thanks for the quick response, Kathey. A couple of follow-up questions
inline...

On 6/10/11 8:58 AM, Kathey Marsden wrote:
> On 6/10/2011 8:10 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> I sent a message to the user list two weeks ago but haven't seen any
>> Here are some possibilities:
>>
>> 1) Send a follow-up message to the user list, asking for volunteer
>> plugin builders.
>>
>> 2) Shrug this off as an example of raising an issue too soon. When
>> 10.9 appears without plugins, then the people who are affected will
>> make themselves known. At that time they can figure out who will
>> build the plugins and where they will host them.
>>

> I think a mail to the user list would be good to announce that the
> plugins will not be included in 10.9 and that anyone who wants them
> should make efforts to build and host them.   Invite anyone who would
> like to do so to post to derby-dev to get historical information they
> might need for migrating them to a  new home. I think some sort of tag
> in the title would be good to catch people's attention, e.g. [NOTICE]
> Eclipse plugins will be removed from Derby.
I have already sent a message to the user list with that information but
under the less eye-catching subject line "future of the Eclipse
plugins". Do you think that I should re-send the message with your
revised subject line?
> Then when people claim surprise when 10.9 comes out, we will  least
> have that announcement to point to.
> A blurb on the website might be good too.
Where do you think that blurb should go. On the top level download page?

Thanks,
-Rick