db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: draft of message to derby-user concerning the future of the Eclipse plugins
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:58:15 GMT
On 6/10/2011 8:10 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I sent a message to the user list two weeks ago but haven't seen any
> Here are some possibilities:
>
> 1) Send a follow-up message to the user list, asking for volunteer
> plugin builders.
>
> 2) Shrug this off as an example of raising an issue too soon. When
> 10.9 appears without plugins, then the people who are affected will
> make themselves known. At that time they can figure out who will build
> the plugins and where they will host them.

I think a mail to the user list would be good to announce that the
plugins will not be included in 10.9 and that anyone who wants them
should make efforts to build and host them.   Invite anyone who would
like to do so to post to derby-dev to get historical information they
might need for migrating them to a  new home. I think some sort of tag
in the title would be good to catch people's attention, e.g. [NOTICE]
Eclipse plugins will be removed from Derby.
Then when people claim surprise when 10.9 comes out, we will  least have
that announcement to point to.
A blurb on the website might be good too.