db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring ant junit target to automatically set classpath
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:05:12 GMT
On 09.06.11 16:50, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Thanks for fixing this stuff, Kristian. I think that your proposed
> changes to the JUnit framework sound reasonable and won't disrupt the
> way I run the tests, so +1 from me.
>
> I agree that the clobber target should delete the jar artifacts.
> However, the release-generation target "prepareforrelease" relies on the
> current odd behavior. That target builds both the sane and insane
> versions of the jar files; when that target exits, both versions are
> ready to be stuffed into release distributions. If you make clobber do
> the right thing, then please fix prepareforrelease so that it will still
> produce both the sane and insane versions side-by-side.

Thanks, Rick.

I've identified that the following targets rely on clobber:
   cibuild
   release (via prepareforrelease)
   snapshot (invoked from prepareforrelease)
   buildworld

In addition we have cleanjars and cleanalljars; the former will delete
jars/$sanity and the second will delete jars/*. To make it worthwhile, I
think clobber should invoke cleanalljars.

I'm hoping the following changes will suffice, but that remains to be seen:
  1) Rename clobber to clobber-keep-jars
  2) Redefine clobber to invoke:
      o clobber-keep-jars
      o cleanalljars
  3) Identify usages of clobber that must be replaced with clobber-keep-jars

I'll soon file a JIRA to track this work, but I'd like to wait a while
longer (i.e. trying to avoid that the changes break the work-flow for ppl).

Regards,
--
Kristian