db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: contributing to "The Architecture of Open Source Applications"
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:16:40 GMT
On 06/08/2011 03:55 AM, Tiago Espinha wrote:
> contributing a chapter about Derby to this book.
>
> would the community be ok if I go ahead with it?

I think it's a wonderful idea! Your writing style is great and you
will bring a lot to the project.

Regardless of whether or not they are interested in material about Derby,
it would be wonderful if you could do some writing about Derby and
we could host it on the Apache website. We already have a "books and papers"
section, and some updated material there would be excellent.

My only suggestion is, you might want to look through the existing
book (which is quite interesting btw) and read at least a few of
the chapters that are already there, to get a feel for the type of
material they're looking for.

thanks,

bryan