db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: contributing to "The Architecture of Open Source Applications"
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 12:44:00 GMT
Hi Tiago,

I think it's great that you want to write a chapter on Derby for this
book. To maximize the value of community review, I'd recommend an
incremental approach something like this:

1) Circulate your proposed table of contents. I'm hoping you'll get a
lot of good feedback at this stage.

2) Circulate a sample chapter. It's best to get feedback on your style
and approach early on.

3) Then dole out the remaining chapters one by one as you write them.

You may find that you want to put off writing the introduction until
after you're done with the real content--in my experience the
introduction almost writes itself if you have the content in front of
you already.

Thanks!
-Rick