db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mamta A. Satoor (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DERBY-3913) mismatch between error XCL30 and 22003.S.4 and parameters in usage
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 05:36:47 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3913?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13048985#comment-13048985
] 

Mamta A. Satoor commented on DERBY-3913:
----------------------------------------

The script generateClientMessageTest.sh which is supposed to generate a test to verify the
correctness of the error messages is preety badly broken.I tried fixing the errors in the
generated test but there were just too many problems in the generated test. 

I have checked in the fixes for the mismatch between error XCL30 and 22003.S.4 and parameters
in usage though and hence this jira can be closed. There is another jira DERBY-1567 to fix
the script when generates the test.

> mismatch between error XCL30 and 22003.S.4 and parameters in usage
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-3913
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3913
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Miscellaneous
>    Affects Versions: 10.5.1.1
>            Reporter: Myrna van Lunteren
>            Assignee: Mamta A. Satoor
>            Priority: Trivial
>              Labels: derby_triage10_5_2
>
> I found a script, trunk/tools/testing/i18nTestGenerator/generateClientMessageTest.sh,
intended to create a test to verify correctness of client error messages(trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/i18n/TestClientMessages.java
). 
> The script is broken (see DERBY-1567) but after fixing up the resulting test and running
it, it did show two messages which look a little odd in their usage (plus some messages for
which the usage looked fine):
>                                                             
> XCL30 - LANG_STREAMING_COLUMN_I_O_EXCEPTION: 
> messages.xml: 
>             <msg>
>                 <name>XCL30.S</name>
>                 <text>An IOException was thrown when reading a '{0}' from an InputStream.</text>
>                 <arg>value</arg>
>             </msg>
> apparently correct number of parameters, but odd...doesn't look like ioe fits the usage
in the message text.
> EmbedBlob:
>             } catch (IOException ioe) {
>                 throw StandardException.newException(
>                         SQLState.LANG_STREAMING_COLUMN_I_O_EXCEPTION, ioe);
>             }
> has a second parameter:
> client.am.Lob:
>             throw new SqlException(null,
>                         new ClientMessageId(
>                             SQLState.LANG_STREAMING_COLUMN_I_O_EXCEPTION),
>                         typeDesc,
>                         ioe
>                     );
> looks like second parameter fits the {0}:
> SQLBinary: 
> 		throw StandardException.
> 			newException(SQLState.LANG_STREAMING_COLUMN_I_O_EXCEPTION,
> 						 ioe, getTypeName());
> SQLChar:
> 		throw StandardException.
> 			newException(SQLState.LANG_STREAMING_COLUMN_I_O_EXCEPTION,
> 						 ioe, getTypeName());
>                    throw StandardException.newException(
>                             SQLState.LANG_STREAMING_COLUMN_I_O_EXCEPTION, 
>                             ioe, 
>                             "java.sql.String");
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> 22003.S.4 - CLIENT_LENGTH_OUTSIDE_RANGE_FOR_DATATYPE
>             <msg>
>                 <name>22003.S.4</name>
>                 <text>The length ({0}) exceeds the maximum length for the data
type ({1}).</text>
>                 <arg>number</arg>
>                 <arg>datatypeName</arg>
>             </msg>
> correct number of parameters, but new Integer(Integer.MAX_VALUE) returns a number, not
a datatype name:             
> client.am.PreparedStatement:
> 		throw new SqlException(
>                         agent_.logWriter_,
>                         new ClientMessageId(
>                             SQLState.CLIENT_LENGTH_OUTSIDE_RANGE_FOR_DATATYPE),
>                         new Long(length),
>                         new Integer(Integer.MAX_VALUE)
>                     ).getSQLException();
> client.am.ResultSet:
>                 throw new SqlException(agent_.logWriter_,
>                     new ClientMessageId(SQLState.CLIENT_LENGTH_OUTSIDE_RANGE_FOR_DATATYPE),
>                     new Long(length), new Integer(Integer.MAX_VALUE)).getSQLException();
>                 throw new SqlException(agent_.logWriter_,
>                     new ClientMessageId(SQLState.CLIENT_LENGTH_OUTSIDE_RANGE_FOR_DATATYPE),
>                     new Long(length), new Integer(Integer.MAX_VALUE)).getSQLException();
               
> 		throw new SqlException(agent_.logWriter_,
>                     new ClientMessageId(SQLState.CLIENT_LENGTH_OUTSIDE_RANGE_FOR_DATATYPE),
>                     new Long(length), new Integer(Integer.MAX_VALUE)).getSQLException();
> -------------------------------------------

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message