We had been using Derby 10.5.3.1 and just upgrade to 10.8.2.1 and a DDL statement that used to work in Derby 10.5.3.1 no longer works and complains about a syntax error .  Here is the statement:

create table JIDataType ( id bigint not null, type smallint, maxLength integer, decimals integer, regularExpr varchar(255), minValue varchar(255) for bit data, maxValue varchar(255) for bit data, strictMin smallint, strictMax smallint, primary key (id) )

and here is the error:

Error: Syntax error: Encountered "minValue" at line 1, column 125.

SQLState:  42X01

ErrorCode: -1

So did “minValue” become a reserved word?  I cannot find anything like that in the documentation.

Thanks for any help.

Brett