db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Question on a new reserved word maybe?
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 17:16:14 GMT
"Bergquist, Brett" <BBergquist@canoga.com> writes:

> What would the procedure be to apply the change necessary and build my
> own build of derby 10.8.2.1 with this fix?  It may not be possible to
> change the product that relies on this keyword (an old version of
> Jasper Server).

Once a fix has been fixed on trunk and backported to the 10.8 branch, it
should be fairly easy to build your own patched version of 10.8. You
need a Java 6 JDK, a subversion client, ant (>= 1.7.0) and JUnit 3.8.2,
cf. prerequisites and links shown here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/branches/10.8/BUILDING.html?view=co&content-type=text%2Fplain

Checkout tip of 10.8 branch:

> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/branches/10.8 derby-10.8
> cd derby-10.8

Install junit as required above, and build:

> ant insane # i.e. not a debug build
> ant all buildjars

If all goes well you'll now have the new jars in jars/insane.

Thanks,
Dag