db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>
Subject Derby-Daemon: The best thing since sliced bread :-)
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 08:35:43 GMT
Hi everyone,

For the last couple of weeks I've been working on a project to help
Siddharth (the GSoC student I'm mentoring) and it has finally reached it's
first alpha version.

The project consists of two parts:
- A web tool written in PHP that allows a (registered) user to upload
patches, follow up on their progress and fetch the regression results.
- A python "daemon" that listens to the directory where the patches fall
into, applies the patch into a Derby trunk, runs regressions and packs the
results.

This tool is very basic and even the front-end is as basic as it can get.
Still, I didn't want to make something pretty but rather something
functional that Siddharth could use right now. From what he has told me,
there are problems with the power supply in his region and his laptop also
quite frequently overheats when running regressions. This way, anyone can go
to my deployment of these tools, upload patches and analyze the regression
results before commiting into ASF's svn.

I have a server running at http://espinha.mine.nu/index.php and the source
code for these tools is available as a Google Code project at
http://code.google.com/p/derby-daemon/ . I have released it under the Apache
2.0 license, although I think this license does require me to include the
advertising clause in all files and that hasn't been done yet.

Anyhow, I encourage you to use it and abuse it, and if you find bugs, please
do file them at: http://code.google.com/p/derby-daemon/issues/list

If anyone is interested and wants to use it, please send me an e-mail
off-list with a username and a password (DON'T send me your ASF or JIRA
password. Send me something else... it doesn't even have to be too complex,
you'll only be able to upload 100kb files anyway).

Regards,
Tiago