db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject Question on a new reserved word maybe?
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 15:15:08 GMT
We had been using Derby 10.5.3.1 and just upgrade to 10.8.2.1 and a DDL statement that used
to work in Derby 10.5.3.1 no longer works and complains about a syntax error .  Here is the
statement:

create table JIDataType ( id bigint not null, type smallint, maxLength integer, decimals integer,
regularExpr varchar(255), minValue varchar(255) for bit data, maxValue varchar(255) for bit
data, strictMin smallint, strictMax smallint, primary key (id) )

and here is the error:

Error: Syntax error: Encountered "minValue" at line 1, column 125.
SQLState:  42X01
ErrorCode: -1

So did "minValue" become a reserved word?  I cannot find anything like that in the documentation.

Thanks for any help.

Brett