db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: (DERBY-5010) [patch] bad equivalence check
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:09:22 GMT
Jayaram Subramanian <rsjay1976@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> When i tried doing something like
>
> java -Dderby.tests.trace=true junit.textui.TestRunner
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang._Suite >
> runoutputApril17.out 2>&1
>
> I get
> .F
> Time: 0.004
> There was 1 failure:
> 1) warning(junit.framework.TestSuite$1)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
> No tests found in
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.util.ScriptTestCase
>
> FAILURES!!!
> Tests run: 1,  Failures: 1,  Errors: 0
>
> Am i missing something here ?

Hi Jayaram,

I'm guessing you ran ScriptTestCase directly when you saw this failure,
and not lang._Suite? ScriptTestCase doesn't contain any tests itself, so
you need to run one of its sub-classes. For example:

java -Dderby.tests.trace=true junit.textui.TestRunner org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.LangScripts

--
Knut Anders