db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: (DERBY-5010) [patch] bad equivalence check
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:57:36 GMT
Jayaram Subramanian <rsjay1976@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Knut,
> Sorry for the delay.. It was hectic for me for the past 2 months..
> When i placed thread.dumpstack and ran the lang.__suite, the log shows
> a lot of references to isEquivalent method..  Just attaching one of
> the example. Could you please guide me how to proceed from here

Hi Jayaram,

This sounds like good progress. Now you know which tests that call this
method. I think the next step would be to find out what the queries look
like. Can you see that from the test logs? If not, maybe you can make
the method throw an exception so that the test stops once the method is
called. If we know what the queries look like, we may find a way to
tweak them so that they trigger the bug.

--
Knut Anders