db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tiago Espinha <ti...@espinhas.net>
Subject Re: 10.8.1 testing
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:38:05 GMT
Hi Knut,

How exactly did you notice the performance change with DERBY-5068? I would
like to be able to replicate this myself. Was it just during the test runs?
Or do you have a concrete scenario where it's noticeable?

I'm very interested in finding the issue on this one and I'm available to
put some work into making it better. It's no good having a convenience
feature if it's slowing down Derby, I think.

@ Rick,

I would like to do some platform tests myself (it seems they've not yet been
ran on OS X 16.* on a x64 JVM) but unfortunately my CPU time lately is
precious for the research I'm doing :-( . Everything else looks good though!

Tiago

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hatlen@oracle.com