db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject JBC 4 testing : not getting feature not implemented for Connection.setTypeMap
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 20:59:00 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to test Connection.setTypeMap and expected to get feature
not supported but do not get that error. Here is the real simple test
code.
import java.sql.*;
import java.lang.*;

public  class TestSetTypeMap
{
    public  static  void    main( String... args )  throws Exception
    {
        String connectionURL = "jdbc:derby:db;create=true";

        Class.forName( "org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver" );
        Connection  conn = DriverManager.getConnection( connectionURL );

        conn.getTypeMap();
        java.util.Map<String,Class<?>> map = new
java.util.HashMap<String,Class<?>>();
        conn.setTypeMap(map);
        System.out.println("did settype map");
    }

}

I tried the test case with Sun's jdk1.7. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
$ java -version
java version "1.7.0-ea"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-ea-b138)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 21.0-b08, mixed mode)