db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From akshay khatri <akshaykhatri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I want to contribute
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 14:31:07 GMT
Hello

On 7 April 2011 21:07, siddharth srivastava <akssps011@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Akshay
>
>  On 7 April 2011 20:37, akshay khatri <akshaykhatri161@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I am a newbie to Java and Derby.
>> I want to start contributing to Derby. I went through the tutorial but I
>> am unable to set my environment.
>> I am unable to run the tutorial related to ij. It gives some issues
>> related to inability to find tha jars.
>>

> Probably you are setting the path of the jars incorrectly.
> The jars are located at trunk/jars/sane/ directory.
> You need to add derby.jar and derbytools.jar to your classpath.

Thank you. It has worked.
I didn't find any reference which says that the jars are available at
jars/sane. Are the manuals outdated or am I referring the wrong manual ?

>> On the otherhand, I am following the gsoc related discussion on this group
>> for some time. So is there any estimate of how many people have applied for
>> Derby this year and how many slots is derby expected to get ?

Can I know the answer to this question. Probably its too late but still it
would be cool if someone can share the stats.

>> Can I apply for derby this year as a gsoc candidate ?

I realised I was already late :(