db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (DERBY-5010) [patch] bad equivalence check
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:07:57 GMT
On 04/15/2011 04:46 AM, Jayaram Subramanian wrote:
> Hi,
> Modified the isEquivalent method to throw an exception like this.. is
> it correct..

That seems like a fine way to inject an exception for testing. I don't
think you need the "if (1 == 1)" but it doesn't hurt...

> Also  all of a sudden i started getting
> 1) TriggerTests:embeddedjava.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

I'm confused; you get this *after* you starting forcing exceptions,
or you're getting this even before you inserted the artificial exception?

If you are getting this *after* you introduced the exception, then it's
probably just a side effect of the unexpected exception, and you'll
want to be looking in your derby.log to try to get the full stack trace.

The real goal, of course, is to find out what queries are calling the
isEquivalent API. The exception is just a tool to try to help figuring
that out.

thanks,

bryan