db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kim Haase <camilla.ha...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: accessibility changes, was: [VOTE] 10.8.1.0 release
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:57:07 GMT
They're a little bit better, actually, because of the frameset 
corrections that were also in DERBY-5136. Nothing has happened that 
would make them worse.

Kim

On 04/05/11 11:02 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Thanks for digging into this, Kim. Concerning this accessibility issue, 
> are the 10.8 docs just as bad as the docs from previous releases? Or are 
> the 10.8 docs worse?
> 
> Thanks,
> -Rick
> 
> On 4/5/11 7:53 AM, Kim Haase wrote:
>> Yup, you summarized the problem correctly.
>>
>> What's going on appears to be the following.
>>
>> The init target depends on these other targets:
>>
>> check.dita,unpack.dita,check.regex.done,dita.regex
>>
>> After the toolkit is unpacked, the dita.regex target goes through the 
>> toolkit files and performs a replacement. dita2htmlImpl.xsl is one of 
>> the files it changes:
>>
>> [replaceregexp] Replacing pattern 'select="'.xml'"' with 
>> 'select="'.dita'"' in '
>> /export/home/chaase/derbydoc/10.8/DITA-OT1.1.2.1/xsl/xslhtml/dita2htmlImpl.xsl'.

>>
>> [replaceregexp] File has changed; saving the updated file
>>
>> The result is that the file has the following change:
>>
>> < <xsl:param name="DITAEXT" select="'.xml'"/>
>> ---
>> > <xsl:param name="DITAEXT" select="'.dita'"/>
>>
>> Of the customized files that will be copied from the lib directory, 
>> this is the only one that is modified by this task.
>>
>> Then, when the init task copies the files from the lib directory, this 
>> particular file is skipped over because ant thinks it's up to date:
>>
>>      [copy] /export/home/chaase/derbydoc/10.8/lib/dita2htmlImpl.xsl 
>> omitted as /
>> export/home/chaase/derbydoc/10.8/DITA-OT1.1.2.1/xsl/xslhtml/dita2htmlImpl.xsl 
>> is up to date.
>>
>> So for this one, it looks as if I need to add the overwrite="true" 
>> parameter to the copy command for this file. ("Overwrite existing 
>> files even if the destination files are newer.")
>>
>> <copy file="${dita.lib.dir}/dita2htmlImpl.xsl" 
>> todir="${dita.dir}/xsl/xslhtml" overwrite="true"/>
>>
>> If I do that, the corrected version of the file is copied over.
>>
>> I didn't discover this before because I wasn't using a fresh 
>> workspace. The dita2htmlImpl.xsl file had been modified so long ago 
>> that the copy worked fine. When I checked out the 10.8 workspace and 
>> tried to build, the problem showed up.
>>
>> I'll file a JIRA for the build.xml fix. Hope that's okay.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kim
>>
>> On 04/05/11 09:15 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>> Hi Kim,
>>>
>>> I hope I'm not garbling what you said. Is this a fair summary:
>>>
>>> 1) The release documentation is missing part of the fix for DERBY-5136.
>>>
>>> 2) It appears that if you build the docs standalone, that fix is also 
>>> missing.
>>>
>>> Maybe the xsl is being unpacked/recreated by another part of the 
>>> build script AFTER the <copy> command you added.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Rick
>>>
>>>
>>> On 4/4/11 3:00 PM, Kim Haase wrote:
>>>> Thanks, Rick. The release appears to include all the documentation 
>>>> fixes that were checked into the trunk, in terms of content. So I vote
>>>>
>>>> +1
>>>>
>>>> There is one oddity, though, which is by no means a showstopper for 
>>>> this release but should be fixed before the next one.
>>>>
>>>> DERBY-5136 made fixes to the index.html file that is used for all 
>>>> the manuals, and these are present in the new ones.
>>>>
>>>> However, it also included a modified version of the file 
>>>> DITA-OT1.1.2.1/xsl/xslhtml/dita2htmlImpl.xsl that the build.xml file 
>>>> is supposed to copy from lib/dita2htmlImpl.xsl into that directory, 
>>>> and that is supposed to make section titles h2 instead of h4, so 
>>>> that HTML headers appear in order.
>>>>
>>>> <copy file="${dita.lib.dir}/dita2htmlImpl.xsl" 
>>>> todir="${dita.dir}/xsl/xslhtml"/>
>>>>
>>>> This fix doesn't appear in the 10.8.1.0 docs for some strange 
>>>> reason. In the 10.8 branch, the corrected version of the 
>>>> dita2htmlImpl.xsl file is in the lib directory:
>>>>
>>>>  jdench 120 =>grep h2 lib/dita2htmlImpl.xsl
>>>> <h2 class="sectiontitle"><xsl:value-of select="@spectitle"/></h2>
>>>> <h2 class="sectiontitle"><xsl:value-of select="$defaulttitle"/></h2>
>>>> <h2 class="sectiontitle">
>>>> </h2>
>>>>  ...
>>>>
>>>> When I build a manual, the file appears to be copied into the 
>>>> DITA-OT1.1.2.1/xsl/xslhtml/ directory, because it gets a new 
>>>> timestamp; but the version there is the version with h4 section 
>>>> titles, not h2 ones:
>>>>
>>>>  jdench 121 =>grep h4 DITA-OT1.1.2.1/xsl/xslhtml/dita2htmlImpl.xsl
>>>> <h4 class="sectiontitle"><xsl:value-of select="@spectitle"/></h4>
>>>> <h4 class="sectiontitle"><xsl:value-of select="$defaulttitle"/></h4>
>>>> <h4 class="sectiontitle">
>>>> </h4>
>>>>
>>>> Do you have any idea what might be going on?
>>>>
>>>> In the output, you can tell from the Copyright topic if the output 
>>>> is correct (it has a section title).
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Kim
>>>>
>>>> On 04/04/11 11:40 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>>>> Please test-drive the 10.8.1.0 candidate, then vote on whether to 
>>>>> accept it as a Derby release. The candidate lives at:
>>>>>
>>>>> http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.8.1.0/
>>>>>
>>>>> The polls close at 5:00 pm San Francisco time on Monday, April 20.
>>>>>
>>>>> 10.8.1.0 is a feature release, described in greater detail here: 
>>>>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenEightOneRelease
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> -Rick
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message