db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kim Haase <camilla.ha...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.8.1.0 release
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 22:00:21 GMT
Thanks, Rick. The release appears to include all the documentation fixes
that were checked into the trunk, in terms of content. So I vote

+1

There is one oddity, though, which is by no means a showstopper for this
release but should be fixed before the next one.

DERBY-5136 made fixes to the index.html file that is used for all the
manuals, and these are present in the new ones.

However, it also included a modified version of the file
DITA-OT1.1.2.1/xsl/xslhtml/dita2htmlImpl.xsl that the build.xml file is
supposed to copy from lib/dita2htmlImpl.xsl into that directory, and
that is supposed to make section titles h2 instead of h4, so that HTML
headers appear in order.

     <copy file="${dita.lib.dir}/dita2htmlImpl.xsl"
todir="${dita.dir}/xsl/xslhtml"/>

This fix doesn't appear in the 10.8.1.0 docs for some strange reason. In
the 10.8 branch, the corrected version of the dita2htmlImpl.xsl file is
in the lib directory:

  jdench 120 =>grep h2 lib/dita2htmlImpl.xsl
         <h2 class="sectiontitle"><xsl:value-of select="@spectitle"/></h2>
       <h2 class="sectiontitle"><xsl:value-of select="$defaulttitle"/></h2>
     <h2 class="sectiontitle">
     </h2>

When I build a manual, the file appears to be copied into the
DITA-OT1.1.2.1/xsl/xslhtml/ directory, because it gets a new timestamp;
but the version there is the version with h4 section titles, not h2 ones:

  jdench 121 =>grep h4 DITA-OT1.1.2.1/xsl/xslhtml/dita2htmlImpl.xsl
         <h4 class="sectiontitle"><xsl:value-of select="@spectitle"/></h4>
       <h4 class="sectiontitle"><xsl:value-of select="$defaulttitle"/></h4>
     <h4 class="sectiontitle">
     </h4>

Do you have any idea what might be going on?

In the output, you can tell from the Copyright topic if the output is
correct (it has a section title).

Thanks,
Kim