Hi Rick,

The discussions span more than the JDBC EG and are starting in the Java EE and other component technologies EG which are part of Java EE 7.  Certainly a start is to have Eranda consider joining those EGs.  When we look to start the JDBC EG discussion, then Eranda could consider joining that EG.  Keep in mind a JSPA is required for all EGs.

I expect a lot of discussion in this area going forward.

Regards
Lance