db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: many open test failure issues...
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:56:49 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> DERBY-5109 I've not seen in the last 3 weeks with anything other than
> ibm 1.4.2. With ibm 1.4.2. on my laptop (with windows XP) I could
> reproduce this consistently by just running the test with trunk
> builds. Because of this, I've disabled the the entire test with that
> jvm...I expect to be busy with the 10.8 release next week, so I'm not
> sure when I can experiment with the suggestions you made...Do you have
> access to this jvm?

Not right now, but I can try to get hold of one, I think Knut has
previously tested on some of the IBM JVMs.. Is it publicly available?

> Judging from the description/stack trace, do you
> think there's a possible derby bug there?

I don't think so, since we only see this on this VM, but it would be
nice to be able to rule it out by understanding what's happening on that
VM..

> Otherwise I'm inclined to let it sit until later, or maybe even close
> with 'won't fix', because I think it rather unlikely anyone will try
> to use the thread interrupts with that jvm and a fix in the jvm is
> unlikely unless someone has a really critical situation.

That's OK with me.

> re DERBY-4922; I happened to notice each of the two failures described
> in this bug pop up in the last two days (each on a different day) in
> the nightly tests on windows with the 10.7 branch, with ibm 1.5. I'll
> spend some time trying to reproduce this more consistently. If I
> cannot, I'll look into possible machine specific issues on the machine
> where these tests run, like, number of processors, speed, timing of
> the test run (i.e. some other process interfering, why else
> specifically with ibm 1.5?) - that sort of thing. I'll post comments
> in this bug when I have anything to report...

Thanks!

Dag