db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: many open test failure issues...
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:47:07 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> writes:
>> Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> DERBY-5109 I've not seen in the last 3 weeks with anything other than
>>> ibm 1.4.2. With ibm 1.4.2. on my laptop (with windows XP) I could
>>> reproduce this consistently by just running the test with trunk
>>> builds. Because of this, I've disabled the the entire test with that
>>> jvm...I expect to be busy with the 10.8 release next week, so I'm not
>>> sure when I can experiment with the suggestions you made...Do you have
>>> access to this jvm?

> When I've needed to test something with the IBM JVM, I've downloaded it
> from this location: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/
> (Registration required.)

It seems I can't download the Windows JRE due to this provision on that
page:

* IBM 32-bit Runtime Environment for Windows:

:
"To be able to install this JRE your computer must be an IBM system, as
shown by a BIOS check."
:

The JDKs are listed as available for only AIX, Linux and z/OS. Myrna, is
there a way around this? :)

Thanks,
Dag