db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: buddy testing for JDBC 4.1
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 10:31:44 GMT
Lily Wei <lilyweiderby@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi There:
>
> I am interested to do buddy testing for JDBC 4.1 for the 10.8
> release candidate.
>
> In order to do this, I am assuming I need to have JDBC 4.1 spec or
> spec that relate to what Derby implement for 10.8 release. On top of
> that, I think I need to get an OpenJDK 7 binary distribution for
> Windows 7? Where can I get that?

Hi Lily,

Thanks for volunteering to test these changes.

Binary snapshots of JDK 7 for Windows can be downloaded from
http://jdk7.java.net/. There's also a link to the latest javadocs, which
is where the new methods are described.

The document JDBC_4.1_Changes.html attached to DERBY-4869 lists the
methods that have been added or whose description has changed (based on
the report from a tool that extracts javadoc differences), and how the
changes affect Derby.

--
Knut Anders