db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject DERBY-5121 and testing upgrade from 10.7.1.1 to the next point release of 10.7 codeline
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 03:19:07 GMT
Hi,

For DERBY-5121 fix, the 10.7.1.1 users need to make sure that their
database gets upgraded to next Derby release with DERBY-1482 changes
backed out. As part of the upgrade to that release, the trigger action
SPSes will get marked invalid and when they get fired next time
around, correct trigger action SPSes will be generated for them,

To test the upgrade from 10.7.1.1 to trunk, I have already added a set
of upgrade tests with revision 1085613. It will be great if we did
similar testing for upgrade from 10.7.1.1 to the next point releases
of 10.7 to make sure that the trigger SPSes do get fixed. But if I
understand the upgrade test framework correctly, upgrade testing is
always from previous releases. I do not think there is a way to test
upgrade within point releases of the same codeline. Am I correct about
this? I haven't thought enough about it yet, but does anyone have any
ideas on what it might take to do the upgrade testing within point
releases?

thanks,
Mamta