db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Houx Zhang <houx.zh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC 2011
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:50:42 GMT
2011/3/23 Tiago Espinha <tiago@espinhas.net>

> Hi everyone,
>
> This e-mail is intended to all students who are planning on applying for
> Google Summer of Code 2011, having Derby as their organization.
>
> It would seem that this year, contrary to the trend experienced in the last
> couple of years, I will be the only person who will be mentoring for Apache
> Derby. With that said, and considering I have limited free time, there will
> also only be one GSoC project that students can apply to.

Thanks for your work on this GSOC. As you said, there is just one Derby
project idea this year? However, I have seen another two issues labelled
with GSOC2011, they are "Add compatibility tests to explore behavior
differences between Derby and other DBMS implementations"[1] and "Support
for FULL OUTER JOIN"[2.]. What happened to these two issues?

Anyway, as a student interested in "Derby Test and Fix 2011 GSoC Project", I
will still focus on my work on testing and fixing. I have set up my build
and test environment, furthermore, you can see my work on "convert
ijConnName.sql to a ScriptTest junit test"[3] and ""[4]. It seems I have met
some difficulty, but I will carry on. To try, to challenge and to make
progress, I think that's what I can harvest in this GSOC. Besides, as my
heavy school work recently, I will do my contribution primarily in weekends.

Wish for your reply!

[1.]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4586
[2.]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4832
[3.]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5084