db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: many open test failure issues...
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 22:19:35 GMT
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Lily Wei <lilyweiderby@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should we come out with a plan and reasonable timeline? Will it be reasonable by 3/13?
>

> Thanks,
> Lily

I have no good handle on making a plan...Unfortunately I think if the
solutions were obvious we'd already have made them.

Perhaps the first step is to ask who would be available and if anyone
has some favorites they already intend to work on...
(Kristian has been tackling some issues already...)

I went through all the issues that had never been triaged, and closed
any that had not happened for a while, so those that are labelled
Derby_triage_10.8 have happened at least in the last 5 months. There
are a handfull of issues on the list that had Derby_triage_5.2 on
them; I'll volunteer to check on their continued occurrence...

>From briefly reflecting on the list I think there may be some issues
that fall into the following categories:
- replication issues
- client/server issues
- likely jvm issues
- query optimizer mismatches.
- machine dependent issues
- store issues

Perhaps there are some volunteers for these groups...

Myrna