db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Houx Zhang <houx.zh...@gmail.com>
Subject how to deal with test failure in Chinese locale
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:15:42 GMT
Hi, all. When I ran
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools._Suite, I found 11
failure. i.e. for SysinfoCPCheckTest, I've got error message below:

D:\derby\test>java junit.textui.TestRunner
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests
.tests.tools.SysinfoCPCheckTest
.F
Time: 0.265
There was 1 failure:
1)
testClassPathChecker(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.Sysinf
oCPCheckTest)junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: null expected:<[Testing for
pres
ence of all Derby-related libraries; typically, only some are needed.]> but
was:
<[测试所有与 Derby 相关的库是否存在;通常只需要其中的某些库。]>
        at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.tools.SysinfoCPCheckTest.
testClassPathChecker(SysinfoCPCheckTest.java:157)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:
112)

FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 1,  Failures: 1,  Errors: 0

I seems derby testing can not work well in Chinese Locale, maybe all other
nonEnglish locales. Following the Derby wiki,  I have tried to use
"LocaleTestSetup' to decorate the test case in Locale.English and it pass
successfully!

As mentioned above, there are still some more testcases (maybe a lot of) can
not work in nonEnglish locale. How to deal with this problem? A not so smart
method is to decorate them individually in Locale.English, maybe a better
method is to add a decoration into the root of the regression test or add a
new system property to resolve it thoroughly.

Wish for your reply, thanks!

Regards
--
Houx Zhang