db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: buddy testing for JDBC 4.1
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:25:46 GMT
Hi:
    I have a question about JDBC 4.1
CallableStatement.getObject(String.Classas).
Does this already implement for org.apache.derby.client.am.CallableStatement40?
I was testing against CallableStatement40.getObject(string colName, Date.class)
and get an exception: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: JDBC method is
not yet implemented.

    Should I fire a JIRA issue for this?

    This seems to confirm by line in CallableStatementTest.vetCoercionError line
614:

            // String overloads not implemented for CallableStatements
            if ( wrapper.getWrappedObject() instanceof CallableStatement ) {
return; }

            try {
                wrapper.getObject( colName, candidate );
                fail( "Did not expect to get a " + candidate.getName() );
            }
            catch (SQLException e)
            {
            }