db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Build Problem
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2011 01:35:52 GMT
> I have successfully built it using ant clobber; ant buildsource; ant
> buildjars
> but the generated derby.jar, jars/sane/derby.jar, has no code,
> none .class file.
>
> How can I solve this?

Does 'find classes -type f | wc' show that you successfully compiled the code?

My classes directory has 5500 .class files, but I build the tests as
well as the source so I'll probably have more than you.

Can you do

	java -cp classes org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo

If those simple tests show that you have the .class files, then something
must be going wrong in 'ant buildjars', so try doing 'ant -verbose builjars'
and see if you can see where it's going wrong.

Or paste the output into an email reply and somebody on the list
can offer more help.

thanks,

bryan