db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Martín Nieto <david.martin.ni...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby Testing Problems
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:10:16 GMT
Hello,

I've been launching the test of the Derby DB and I can't achieve 100%
success in this testing. I put on some errors if anyone could comment
any way to solve them.

I think the right thing is to obtain a 100% success rate in tests
without Failures or Errors, so as to properly test a modification of the
code that I have developed and see if after this modification in the
source maintains the 100% success with the modification proving its
correct. Am right?

At first launching the
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang._Suite I obtains 158
failures that I con group in types because they are similars:

    * |junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.DynamicLikeOptimizationTest.testDynamicLikeOptimization(DynamicLikeOptimizationTest.java:548)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:112)
      at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)|
[...]
      org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.InbetweenTest.testInBetween(InbetweenTest.java:1660)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:112)
      at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
      at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)|

And a lot more of this type in diferent classes of the tests.

Also in the same tests I obtains 14 Errors, like:

    * |java.lang.AssertionError: Sequence not found in statistics
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.RuntimeStatisticsParser.assertSequence(RuntimeStatisticsParser.java:497)
      at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.JDBC.checkPlan(JDBC.java:1565)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.LojReorderTest.test_LojReorderTest_a(LojReorderTest.java:724)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:112)
      at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)|
    * |java.lang.AssertionError: Sequence not found in statistics
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.RuntimeStatisticsParser.assertSequence(RuntimeStatisticsParser.java:497)
      at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.JDBC.checkPlan(JDBC.java:1565)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.LojReorderTest.test_LojReorderTest_b(LojReorderTest.java:2179)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:112)
      at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)|
    * |java.lang.AssertionError: Sequence not found in statistics
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.RuntimeStatisticsParser.assertSequence(RuntimeStatisticsParser.java:497)
      at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.JDBC.checkPlan(JDBC.java:1565)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.OuterJoinTest.testDerby_4471d(OuterJoinTest.java:2850)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:112)
      at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
      at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
      at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
      at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
      at
      org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)|

Thanks.

David Martin