db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: GSoC 2011
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:36:25 GMT
On 3/23/2011 7:50 AM, Houx Zhang wrote:

> Thanks for your work on this GSOC. As you said, there is just one
> Derby project idea this year? However, I have seen another two issues
> labelled with GSOC2011, they are "Add compatibility tests to explore
> behavior differences between Derby and other DBMS implementations"[1]
> and "Support for FULL OUTER JOIN"[2.]. What happened to these two issues?

Hello Houx,

You can make your proposal for one of the other ideas or for any idea
you want, but the one thing that you want to be aware of is that it is
really critical to have a mentor interested in picking up applications
for the project.

Right now Tiago is the only mentor that has come forward, but I am still
hoping that more will.  By making a proposal for test and fix, you know
at least there is a mentor looking for a student, but it could be that
if you proposed something different and could inspire a mentor to be
interested in that project, you might be an even better position.

Here are some thoughts I had on GSoC this year.

http://old.nabble.com/Derby-GSoc-2011-ts31120173.html#a31122152

Thanks

Kathey