db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Gsoc 2011 intentions
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 02:10:01 GMT
On 3/18/2011 10:36 AM, David Martín Nieto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm a spanish student of computers sciences and  I've the intention to
> send a proposal for the Apache Derby project in the Gsoc2011. I don't
> know yet what ideas will be for this year but I've build my test
> environment for Derby and I'm reading and launching some tests over
> there to make me an aproximation about this project.
> For me would be awesome to parcitipate in Gsoc2011 with Derby and I
> want to ask you some tips to have a better contact of the project and
> see in which areas could work better with my knowledge.
> Thanks a lot.
> David Martín
Welcome David

You are on track getting your build and test environment set up first.
Before your first changes you should be able to run the regression
suites suites.All  (JUnit) and derbyall (based on an old harness).  If
you have a  hard time finding information or see potential improvements
in our documentation please let the list know.

You may want to look at this thread [1] with some tips.  Currently still
we only have one mentor volunteer who is Tiago for DERBY-5091, Derby
Test and fix.

Again Welcome!

[1] http://old.nabble.com/Derby-GSoc-2011-ts31120173.html#a31120173

View raw message