db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gsoc 2011 intentions
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 02:08:04 GMT
> For me would be awesome to parcitipate in Gsoc2011 with Derby and I want to ask you some
tips to have a better contact of the
> project and see in which areas could work better with my knowledge.

Hello David Martin, it is good to hear of your interest in Derby.

There are good general sources of information about GSoC 2011 at
the Google site:
http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs

and at the general Apache site:
http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

You can see many of the previous Derby projects by looking on the
Google site for previous years, I believe.

The Derby community tracks all our projects in Jira, so you should
get familiar with the Derby section of Jira and start reading the
open issues and projects there:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY

Good luck, and let us know of your progress!

thanks,

bryan