db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Martín Nieto <david.martin.ni...@gmail.com>
Subject Gsoc 2011 intentions
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:36:48 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a spanish student of computers sciences and  I've the intention to
send a proposal for the Apache Derby project in the Gsoc2011. I don't
know yet what ideas will be for this year but I've build my test
environment for Derby and I'm reading and launching some tests over
there to make me an aproximation about this project.

For me would be awesome to parcitipate in Gsoc2011 with Derby and I want
to ask you some tips to have a better contact of the project and see in
which areas could work better with my knowledge.

Thanks a lot.

David Martín

El 18/03/2011 18:15, Myrna van Lunteren escribió:
> [...]
out waiting for another thread to recover channel
doing join on worker thread gets interrupted
>> I am volunteering to look at these if somebody can help me reproduce
>> them with any kind of frequency.. I haven't been able to reproduce them
>> myself yet.
>> Thanks,
>> Dag
> Hi Dag,
> Thank you for volunteering!
> DERBY-5109 I've not seen in the last 3 weeks with anything other than
> ibm 1.4.2. With ibm 1.4.2. on my laptop (with windows XP) I could
> reproduce this consistently by just running the test with trunk
> builds. Because of this, I've disabled the the entire test with that
> jvm...I expect to be busy with the 10.8 release next week, so I'm not
> sure when I can experiment with the suggestions you made...Do you have
> access to this jvm? Judging from the description/stack trace, do you
> think there's a possible derby bug there? Otherwise I'm inclined to
> let it sit until later, or maybe even close with 'won't fix', because
> I think it rather unlikely anyone will try to use the thread
> interrupts with that jvm and a fix in the jvm is unlikely unless
> someone has a really critical situation.
> re DERBY-4922; I happened to notice each of the two failures described
> in this bug pop up in the last two days (each on a different day) in
> the nightly tests on windows with the 10.7 branch, with ibm 1.5. I'll
> spend some time trying to reproduce this more consistently. If I
> cannot, I'll look into possible machine specific issues on the machine
> where these tests run, like, number of processors, speed, timing of
> the test run (i.e. some other process interfering, why else
> specifically with ibm 1.5?) - that sort of thing. I'll post comments
> in this bug when I have anything to report...
> I've no further input on DERBY-5081 or DERBY-5140...
> Myrna

View raw message