db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: opinions on a less aggressive release of the istats feature?
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:02:22 GMT
Given the limited feedback so far I don't think we should consider
the soft upgrade option.  I would prefer first release with istat
defaulted off, but would not vote -1 if community thinks it is better
with it defaulted on.

I also wanted to say that I do think the istat feature is a good one,
and what I am most concerned about is not bugs in istat.  I am worried
about application impact of istat doing what it is designed to do, run
work in background.  I just don't have a good feel whether defaulting
it on will cause problems in existing applications.  Also once we
release with it defaulted on, I think it is harder to change this
in the future.  If apache supported betas, it would be great to release
this defaulted on.