db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby GSoc 2011
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 04:53:20 GMT
On 3/10/2011 8:24 PM, siddharth srivastava wrote:

> Last time I checked, there were 3 issues labelled GSoC 2011. So are
> those meant to be mentored by specific mentors or do they mean that
> the Derby community feels them appropriate as a GSoC task to be picked
> by students ?

The are considered "project  ideas" so I would say  that they are
projects that the  Derby community feels appropriate for a student
summer project. This ideas  will show up in the GSoC ideas link if/when
Apache is accepted as a mentoring organization (which I don't think has
happened yet.)  Of course there are a 1000 other ideas that students
could come up with that  would be appropriate too. Right now, Test and
Fix is the only one that has a mentor volunteer that has stepped
forward. I wanted to make sure students were aware that ultimately a
mentor volunteer is going to be required, regardless of how wonderful
their proposal might be.

  Kathey