db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: many open test failure issues...
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:48:02 GMT
On 3/9/2011 7:16 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> If anyone has spare cycles and would be willing to look either fixing
> these, or working around the problem situations...
>
> DERBY-5119 - AccessTest.testQualifiers
> DERBY-5109 - InterruptResilienceTest.testRAFWriteInterrupted
> DERBY-5108 - AutomaticIndexStatisticsTest.testShutdownWhileScanningThenDelete
> DERBY-5045 - UpdateStatisticsTest.testUpdateStatistics
> DERBY-5081 - InterruptResilienceTest.testRAFReadWriteMultipleThreads
> DERBY-5003 - ReplicationRun_Local_3_p5.testReplication_Local_3_p5_DERBY_3878
> DERBY-5110 - testInvalidLDAPServerConnectionError.
> DERBY-5026 - testStatsCreatedOnGrowthThenDeleteDb (or, fixed now?)
> DERBY-5105 - NoSuchMethodError in upgrade tests
> DERBY-4922 - DboPowersTest.testReEncrypt
> DERBY-4905/4916 - tearDown/removeDir unable to delete files (on
> windows), often seen in upgrade tests
> DERBY-4762 - derbynet.NetworkServerControlClientCommandTest.testPing
> DERBY-3993 - unit/T_RawStoreFactory.junit (perhaps the check for the
> observers  can be removed).
>
> If anyone has any other favorites, please let me know...
Hi Myrna,  I have DERBY-4319 back in a reproducible state and
unfortunately, still hanging. I  will prioritize that as the hang
prevents the rest of the tests from running.

On the deletion issues, I know Mike is working to identify code issues
where things are left open and once I get DERBY-4319 tackled would like
to try to look at the test side to see if there is something in general
that can be done for the singleUseDatabase tests (perhaps a run mode) so
we get some kind of warning on cleanup but it does not cause the test to
fail.  In general I think these failures are not eligible for disabling
as it is  a problem I think that affects all tests that use the
singleUseDatabase decorator.

It might be good to make a Jira for the  trunk clean test run campaign,
linking these important issues similar to the backport efforts.

Thanks

Kathey